Psalm 25. Ad te, Domine, levavi.
- UNTO thee, O Lord, will I lift up my soul; my God, I have put my trust in thee: *
O let me not be confounded, neither let mine enemies triumph over me.
- For all they that hope in thee shall not be ashamed; *
but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion.
- Show me thy ways, O Lord, *
and teach me thy paths.
- Lead me forth in thy truth, and learn me: *
for thou art the God of my salvation; in thee hath been my hope all the day long.
- Call to remembrance, O Lord, thy tender mercies, *
and thy loving-kindnesses, which have been ever of old.
- O remember not the sins and offences of my youth; *
but according to thy mercy think thou upon me, O Lord, for thy goodness.
- Gracious and righteous is the Lord; *
therefore, will he teach sinners in the way.
- Them that are meek shall he guide in judgment; *
and such as are gentle, them shall he learn his way.
- All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, *
unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- For thy Name's sake, O Lord, *
be merciful unto my sin; for it is great.
- What man is he that feareth the Lord? *
him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
- His soul shall dwell at ease, *
and his seed shall inherit the land.
- The secret of the Lord is among them that fear him; *
and he will show them his covenant.
- Mine eyes are ever looking unto the Lord; *
for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; *
for I am desolate, and in misery.
- The sorrows of my heart are enlarged: *
O bring thou me out of my troubles.
- Look upon my adversity and misery, *
and forgive me all my sin.
- Consider mine enemies, how many they are; *
and they bear a tyrannous hate against me.
- O keep my soul, and deliver me: *
let me not be confounded, for I have put my trust in thee.
- Let perfectness and righteous dealing wait upon me; *
for my hope hath been in thee.
- Deliver Israel, O God, *
out of all his troubles.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|