Psalm 26. Judica me, Domine.
- BE thou my Judge, O Lord, for I have walked innocently: *
my trust hath been also in the Lord, therefore shall I not fall.
- Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; *
try out my reins and my heart.
- For thy loving-kindness is ever before mine eyes; *
and I will walk in thy truth.
- I have not dwelt with vain persons; *
neither will I have fellowship with the deceitful.
- I have hated the congregation of the wicked; *
and will not sit among the ungodly.
- I will wash my hands in innocency, O Lord; *
and so will I go to thine altar;
- That I may show the voice of thanksgiving, *
and tell of all thy wondrous works.
- Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, *
and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
- O shut not up my soul with the sinners, *
nor my life with the blood-thirsty;
- In whose hands is wickedness, *
and their right hand is full of gifts.
- But as for me, I will walk innocently: *
O deliver me, and be merciful unto me.
- My foot standeth right: *
I will praise the Lord in the congregations.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|