Psalm 119. XIX, XX, XXI, XXII.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Twenty-sixth Day - Evening Prayer.
XIX. Clamavi in toto corde meo.
- I CALL with my whole heart; *
hear me, O Lord; I will keep thy statutes.
- Yea, even unto thee do I call; *
help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
- Early in the morning do I cry unto thee; *
for in thy word is my trust.
- Mine eyes prevent the night watches; *
that I might be occupied in thy word.
- Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy lovingkindness; *
quicken me, according to thy judgments.
- They draw nigh that of malice persecute me, *
and are far from thy law.
- Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord; *
for all thy commandments are true.
- As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since, *
that thou hast grounded them for ever.
XX. Vide humilitatem.
- O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me, *
for I do not forget thy law.
- Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me; *
quicken me according to thy word.
- Health is far from the ungodly; *
for they regard not thy statutes.
- Great is thy mercy, O Lord; *
quicken me, as thou art wot.
- Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me; *
yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
- It grieveth me when I see the transgressors; *
because they keep not thy law.
- Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments; *
O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
- Thy word is true from everlasting; *
all the judgments of thy righteousness endure for evermore.
XXI. Principes persecuti sunt.
- PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause; *
but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
- I am as glad of thy word, *
as one that findeth great spoils.
- As for lies, I hate and abhor them; *
but thy law do I love.
- Seven times a day do I praise thee; *
because of thy righteous judgments.
- Great is the peace that they have who love thy law; *
and they have none occasion of stumbling.
- Lord, I have looked for thy saving health, *
and done after thy commandments.
- My soul hath kept thy testimonies, *
and loved them exceedingly.
- I have kept thy commandments and testimonies; *
for all my ways are before thee.
XXII. Appropinquet deprecatio.
- LET my complaint come before thee, O Lord; *
give me understanding according to thy word.
- Let my supplication come before thee; *
deliver me according to thy word.
- My lips shall speak of thy praise, *
when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
- Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word; *
for all thy commandments are righteous.
- Let thine hand help me; *
for I have chosen thy commandments.
- I have longed for thy saving health, O Lord; *
and in thy law is my delight.
- O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; *
and thy judgments shall help me.
- I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost; *
O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|