Psalm 145. Exaltabo te, Deus.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Contemporary - Thirtieth Day - Morning Prayer.
- I will exalt you, O God my King, *
and bless your Name for ever and ever.
- Every day will I bless you *
and praise your Name for ever and ever.
- Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised; *
there is no end to his greatness.
- One generation shall praise your works to another *
and shall declare your power.
- I will ponder the glorious splendor of your majesty *
and all your marvelous works.
- They shall speak of the might of your wondrous acts, *
and I will tell of your greatness.
- They shall publish the remembrance of your great goodness; *
they shall sing of your righteous deeds.
- The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, *
slow to anger and of great kindness.
- The Lord is loving to everyone *
and his compassion is over all his works.
- All your works praise you, O Lord, *
and your faithful servants bless you.
- They make known the glory of your kingdom *
and speak of your power;
- That the peoples may know of your power *
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
- Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom; *
your dominion endures throughout all ages.
- The Lord is faithful in all his words *
and merciful in all his deeds.
- The Lord upholds all those who fall; *
he lifts up those who are bowed down.
- The eyes of all wait upon you, O Lord, *
and you give them their food in due season.
- You open wide your hand *
and satisfy the needs of every living creature.
- The Lord is righteous in all his ways *
and loving in all his works.
- The Lord is near to those who call upon him, *
to all who call upon him faithfully.
- He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; *
he hears their cry and helps them.
- The Lord preserves all those who love him, *
but he destroys all the wicked.
- My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; *
let all flesh bless his holy Name for ever and ever.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|