Psalm 119. XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Contemporary - Twenty-sixth Day - Morning Prayer.
XIV. Lucerna pedibus meis.
- Your word is a lantern to my feet *
and a light upon my path.
- I have sworn and am determined *
to keep your righteous judgments.
- I am deeply troubled; *
preserve my life, O Lord, according to your word.
- Accept, O Lord, the willing tribute of my lips, *
and teach me your judgments.
- My life is always in my hand, *
yet I do not forget your law.
- The wicked have set a trap for me, *
but I have not strayed from your commandments.
- Your decrees are my inheritance for ever; *
truly, they are the joy of my heart.
- I have applied my heart to fulfill your statutes *
for ever and to the end.
XV. Samekh Iniquos odio habui
- I hate those who have a divided heart, *
but your law do I love.
- You are my refuge and shield; *
my hope is in your word.
- Away from me, you wicked! *
I will keep the commandments of my God.
- Sustain me according to your promise, that I may live, *
and let me not be disappointed in my hope.
- Hold me up, and I shall be safe, *
and my delight shall be ever in your statutes.
- You spurn all who stray from your statutes; *
their deceitfulness is in vain.
- In your sight all the wicked of the earth are but dross; *
therefore I love your decrees.
- My flesh trembles with dread of you; *
I am afraid of your judgments.
XVI. Ayin Feci judicium
- I have done what is just and right; *
do not deliver me to my oppressors.
- Be surety for your servant's good; *
let not the proud oppress me.
- My eyes have failed from watching for your salvation *
and for your righteous promise.
- Deal with your servant according to your lovingkindness *
and teach me your statutes.
- I am your servant; grant me understanding, *
that I may know your decrees.
- It is time for you to act, O Lord, *
for they have broken your law.
- Truly, I love your commandments *
more than gold and precious stones.
- I hold all your commandments to be right for me; *
all paths of falsehood I abhor.
XVII. Pe Mirabilia
- Your decrees are wonderful; *
therefore I obey them with all my heart.
- When your word goes forth it gives light; *
it gives understanding to the simple.
- I open my mouth and pant; *
I long for your commandments.
- Turn to me in mercy, *
as you always do to those who love your Name.
- Steady my footsteps in your word; *
let no iniquity have dominion over me.
- Rescue me from those who oppress me, *
and I will keep your commandments.
- Let your countenance shine upon your servant *
and teach me your statutes.
- My eyes shed streams of tears, *
because people do not keep your law.
XVIII. Sadhe Justus es, Domine
- You are righteous, O Lord, *
and upright are your judgments.
- You have issued your decrees *
with justice and in perfect faithfulness.
- My indignation has consumed me, *
because my enemies forget your words.
- Your word has been tested to the uttermost, *
and your servant holds it dear.
- I am small and of little account, *
yet I do not forget your commandments.
- Your justice is an everlasting justice *
and your law is the truth.
- Trouble and distress have come upon me, *
yet your commandments are my delight.
- The righteousness of your decrees is everlasting; *
grant me understanding, that I may live.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|