Psalm 65. Te decet hymnus.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Contemporary - Twelfth Day - Evening Prayer.
- You are to be praised, O God, in Zion; *
to you shall vows be performed in Jerusalem.
- To you that hear prayer shall all flesh come, *
because of their transgressions.
- Our sins are stronger than we are, *
but you will blot them out.
- Happy are they whom you choose and draw to your courts to dwell there! *
they will be satisfied by the beauty of your house, by the holiness of your temple.
- Awesome things will you show us in your righteousness, O God of our salvation, *
O Hope of all the ends of the earth and of the seas that are far away.
- You make fast the mountains by your power; *
they are girded about with might.
- You still the roaring of the seas, *
the roaring of their waves, and the clamor of the peoples.
- Those who dwell at the ends of the earth will tremble at your marvelous signs; *
you make the dawn and the dusk to sing for joy.
- You visit the earth and water it abundantly; you make it very plenteous; *
the river of God is full of water.
- You prepare the grain, *
for so you provide for the earth.
- You drench the furrows and smooth out the ridges; *
with heavy rain you soften the ground and bless its increase.
- You crown the year with your goodness, *
and your paths overflow with plenty.
- May the fields of the wilderness be rich for grazing, *
and the hills be clothed with joy.
- May the meadows cover themselves with flocks, and the valleys cloak themselves with grain; *
let them shout for joy and sing.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|