Psalm 34. Benedicam Dominum.
- I will bless the Lord at all times; *
his praise shall ever be in my mouth.
- I will glory in the Lord; *
let the humble hear and rejoice.
- Proclaim with me the greatness of the Lord; let us exalt his Name together.
- I sought the Lord, and he answered me *
and delivered me out of all my terror.
- Look upon him and be radiant, *
and let not your faces be ashamed.
- I called in my affliction and the Lord heard me *
and saved me from all my troubles.
- The angel of the Lord encompasses those who fear him, *
and he will deliver them.
- Taste and see that the Lord is good; *
happy are they who trust in him!
- Fear the Lord, you that are his saints, *
for those who fear him lack nothing.
- The young lions lack and suffer hunger, *
but those who seek the Lord lack nothing that is good.
- Come, children, and listen to me; *
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
- Who among you loves life *
and desires long life to enjoy prosperity?
- Keep your tongue from evil-speaking *
and your lips from lying words.
- Turn from evil and do good; *
seek peace and pursue it.
- The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, *
and his ears are open to their cry.
- The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, *
to root out the remembrance of them from the earth.
- The righteous cry, and the Lord hears them *
and delivers them from all their troubles.
- The Lord is near to the brokenhearted *
and will save those whose spirits are crushed.
- Many are the troubles of the righteous, *
but the Lord will deliver him out of them all.
- He will keep safe all his bones; *
not one of them shall be broken.
- Evil shall slay the wicked, *
and those who hate the righteous will be punished.
- The Lord ransoms the life of his servants, *
and none will be punished who trust in him.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|