Psalm 33. Exultate, justi.
- Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous; *
it is good for the just to sing praises.
- Praise the Lord with the harp; *
play to him upon the psaltery and lyre.
- Sing for him a new song; *
sound a fanfare with all your skill upon the trumpet.
- For the word of the Lord is right, *
and all his works are sure.
- He loves righteousness and justice; *
the loving-kindness of the Lord fills the whole earth.
- By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, *
by the breath of his mouth all the heavenly hosts.
- He gathers up the waters of the ocean as in a water-skin *
and stores up the depths of the sea.
- Let all the earth fear the Lord; *
let all who dwell in the world stand in awe of him.
- For he spoke, and it came to pass; *
he commanded, and it stood fast.
- The Lord brings the will of the nations to naught; *
he thwarts the designs of the peoples.
- But the Lord's will stands fast for ever, *
and the designs of his heart from age to age.
- Happy is the nation whose God is the Lord! *
happy the people he has chosen to be his own!
- The Lord looks down from heaven, *
and beholds all the people in the world.
- From where he sits enthroned he turns his gaze *
on all who dwell on the earth.
- He fashions all the hearts of them *
and understands all their works.
- There is no king that can be saved by a mighty army; *
a strong man is not delivered by his great strength.
- The horse is a vain hope for deliverance; *
for all its strength it cannot save.
- Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon those who fear him, *
on those who wait upon his love,
- To pluck their lives from death, *
and to feed them in time of famine.
- Our soul waits for the Lord; *
he is our help and our shield.
- Indeed, our heart rejoices in him, *
for in his holy Name we put our trust.
- Let your loving-kindness, O Lord, be upon us, *
as we have put our trust in you.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|