Psalm 30. Exaltabo te, Domine.
- I will exalt you, O Lord, because you have lifted me up *
and have not let my enemies triumph over me.
- O Lord my God, I cried out to you, *
and you restored me to health.
- You brought me up, O Lord, from the dead; *
you restored my life as I was going down to the grave.
- Sing to the Lord, you servants of his; *
give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness.
- For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, *
his favor for a lifetime.
- Weeping may spend the night, *
but joy comes in the morning.
- While I felt secure, I said, "I shall never be disturbed. *
You, Lord, with your favor, made me as strong as the mountains."
- Then you hid your face, *
and I was filled with fear.
- I cried to you, O Lord; *
I pleaded with the Lord, saying,
- "What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit? *
will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?
- Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me; *
O Lord, be my helper."
- You have turned my wailing into dancing; *
you have put off my sack-cloth and clothed me with joy.
- Therefore my heart sings to you without ceasing; *
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks for ever.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|