Psalm 29. Afferte Domino.
- Ascribe to the Lord, you gods, *
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his Name; *
worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders; *
the Lord is upon the mighty waters.
- The voice of the Lord is a powerful voice; *
the voice of the Lord is a voice of splendor.
- The voice of the Lord breaks the cedar trees; *
the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon;
- He makes Lebanon skip like a calf, *
and Mount Hermon like a young wild ox.
- The voice of the Lord splits the flames of fire; the voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness; *
the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the Lord makes the oak trees writhe *
and strips the forests bare.
- And in the temple of the Lord *
all are crying, "Glory!"
- The Lord sits enthroned above the flood; *
the Lord sits enthroned as King for evermore.
- The Lord shall give strength to his people; *
the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|