Psalm 28. Ad te, Domine.
- O Lord, I call to you; my Rock, do not be deaf to my cry; *
lest, if you do not hear me, I become like those who go down to the Pit.
- Hear the voice of my prayer when I cry out to you, *
when I lift up my hands to your holy of holies.
- Do not snatch me away with the wicked or with the evildoers, *
who speak peaceably with their neighbors, while strife is in their hearts.
- Repay them according to their deeds, *
and according to the wickedness of their actions.
- According to the work of their hands repay them, *
and give them their just deserts.
- They have no understanding of the Lord's doings, nor of the works of his hands; *
therefore he will break them down and not build them up.
- Blessed is the Lord! *
for he has heard the voice of my prayer.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; *
my heart trusts in him, and I have been helped;
- Therefore my heart dances for joy, *
and in my song will I praise him.
- The Lord is the strength of his people, *
a safe refuge for his anointed.
- Save your people and bless your inheritance; *
shepherd them and carry them for ever.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|