Psalm 26. Judica me, Domine.
- Give judgment for me, O Lord, for I have lived with integrity; *
I have trusted in the Lord and have not faltered.
- Test me, O Lord, and try me; *
examine my heart and my mind.
- For your love is before my eyes; *
I have walked faithfully with you.
- I have not sat with the worthless, *
nor do I consort with the deceitful.
- I have hated the company of evildoers; *
I will not sit down with the wicked.
- I will wash my hands in innocence, O Lord, *
that I may go in procession round your altar,
- Singing aloud a song of thanksgiving *
and recounting all your wonderful deeds.
- Lord, I love the house in which you dwell *
and the place where your glory abides.
- Do not sweep me away with sinners, *
nor my life with those who thirst for blood,
- Whose hands are full of evil plots, *
and their right hand full of bribes.
- As for me, I will live with integrity; *
redeem me, O Lord, and have pity on me.
- My foot stands on level ground; *
in the full assembly I will bless the Lord.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|