Psalm 25. Ad te, Domine, levavi.
- To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; my God, I put my trust in you; *
let me not be humiliated, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
- Let none who look to you be put to shame; *
let the treacherous be disappointed in their schemes.
- Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.
- Lead me in your truth and teach me, *
for you are the God of my salvation; in you have I trusted all the day long.
- Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love, *
for they are from everlasting.
- Remember not the sins of my youth and my transgressions; *
remember me according to your love and for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.
- Gracious and upright is the Lord; *
therefore he teaches sinners in his way.
- He guides the humble in doing right *
and teaches his way to the lowly.
- All the paths of the Lord are love and faithfulness *
to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- For your Name's sake, O Lord, *
forgive my sin, for it is great.
- Who are they who fear the Lord? *
he will teach them the way that they should choose.
- They shall dwell in prosperity, *
and their offspring shall inherit the land.
- The Lord is a friend to those who fear him *
and will show them his covenant.
- My eyes are ever looking to the Lord, *
for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Turn to me and have pity on me, *
for I am left alone and in misery.
- The sorrows of my heart have increased; *
bring me out of my troubles.
- Look upon my adversity and misery *
and forgive me all my sin.
- Look upon my enemies, for they are many, *
and they bear a violent hatred against me.
- Protect my life and deliver me; *
let me not be put to shame, for I have trusted in you.
- Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, *
for my hope has been in you.
- Deliver Israel, O God, *
out of all his troubles.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|