Psalm 17. Exaudi, Domine.
- Hear my plea of innocence, O Lord; give heed to my cry; *
listen to my prayer, which does not come from lying lips.
- Let my vindication come forth from your presence; *
let your eyes be fixed on justice.
- Weigh my heart, summon me by night, *
melt me down; you will find no impurity in me.
- I give no offense with my mouth as others do; *
I have heeded the words of your lips.
- My footsteps hold fast to the ways of your law; *
in your paths my feet shall not stumble.
- I call upon you, O God, for you will answer me; *
incline your ear to me and hear my words.
- Show me your marvelous loving-kindness, *
O Savior of those who take refuge at your right hand from those who rise up against them.
- Keep me as the apple of your eye; *
hide me under the shadow of your wings,
- From the wicked who assault me, *
from my deadly enemies who surround me.
- They have closed their heart to pity, *
and their mouth speaks proud things.
- They press me hard, now they surround me, *
watching how they may cast me to the ground,
- Like a lion, greedy for its prey, *
and like a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O Lord; confront them and bring them down; *
deliver me from the wicked by your sword.
- Deliver me, O Lord, by your hand *
from those whose portion in life is this world;
- Whose bellies you fill with your treasure, *
who are well supplied with children and leave their wealth to their little ones.
- But at my vindication I shall see your face; *
when I awake, I shall be satisfied, beholding your likeness.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|