Psalm 16. Conserva me, Domine.
- Protect me, O God, for I take refuge in you; *
I have said to the Lord, "You are my Lord, my good above all other."
- All my delight is upon the godly that are in the land, *
upon those who are noble among the people.
- But those who run after other gods *
shall have their troubles multiplied.
- Their libations of blood I will not offer, *
nor take the names of their gods upon my lips.
- O Lord, you are my portion and my cup; *
it is you who uphold my lot.
- My boundaries enclose a pleasant land; *
indeed, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel; *
my heart teaches me, night after night.
- I have set the Lord always before me; *
because he is at my right hand I shall not fall.
- My heart, therefore, is glad, and my spirit rejoices; *
my body also shall rest in hope.
- For you will not abandon me to the grave, *
nor let your holy one see the Pit.
- You will show me the path of life; *
in your presence there is fullness of joy, and in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|