Psalm 7. Domine, Deus meus.
- O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; *
save and deliver me from all who pursue me;
- Lest like a lion they tear me in pieces *
and snatch me away with none to deliver me.
- O Lord my God, if I have done these things: *
if there is any wickedness in my hands,
- If I have repaid my friend with evil, *
or plundered him who without cause is my enemy;
- Then let my enemy pursue and overtake me, *
trample my life into the ground, and lay my honor in the dust.
- Stand up, O Lord, in your wrath; *
rise up against the fury of my enemies.
- Awake, O my God, decree justice; *
let the assembly of the peoples gather round you.
- Be seated on your lofty throne, O Most High; *
O Lord, judge the nations.
- Give judgment for me according to my righteousness, O Lord, *
and according to my innocence, O Most High.
- Let the malice of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; *
for you test the mind and heart, O righteous God.
- God is my shield and defense; *
he is the savior of the true in heart.
- God is a righteous judge; *
God sits in judgment every day.
- If they will not repent, God will whet his sword; *
he will bend his bow and make it ready.
- He has prepared his weapons of death; *
he makes his arrows shafts of fire.
- Look at those who are in labor with wickedness, *
who conceive evil, and give birth to a lie.
- They dig a pit and make it deep *
and fall into the hole that they have made.
- Their malice turns back upon their own head; *
their violence falls on their own scalp.
- I will bear witness that the Lord is righteous; *
I will praise the Name of the Lord Most High.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|