Psalm 5. Verba mea auribus.
- Give ear to my words, O Lord; *
consider my meditation.
- Hearken to my cry for help, my King and my God, *
for I make my prayer to you.
- In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; *
early in the morning I make my appeal and watch for you.
- For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, *
and evil cannot dwell with you.
- Braggarts cannot stand in your sight; *
you hate all those who work wickedness.
- You destroy those who speak lies; *
the bloodthirsty and deceitful, O Lord, you abhor.
- But as for me, through the greatness of your mercy I will go into your house; *
I will bow down toward your holy temple in awe of you.
- Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness, because of those who lie in wait for me; *
make your way straight before me.
- For there is no truth in their mouth; *
there is destruction in their heart;
- Their throat is an open grave; *
they flatter with their tongue.
- Declare them guilty, O God; *
let them fall, because of their schemes.
- Because of their many transgressions cast them out, *
for they have rebelled against you.
- But all who take refuge in you will be glad; *
they will sing out their joy for ever.
- You will shelter them, *
so that those who love your Name may exult in you.
- For you, O Lord, will bless the righteous; *
you will defend them with your favor as with a shield.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|