Psalm 145. Exaltabo te, Deus.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Thirtieth Day - Morning Prayer.
- I WILL magnify thee, O God, my King; *
and I will praise thy Name for ever and ever.
- Every day will I give thanks unto thee; *
and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
- Great is the Lord, and marvellous worthy to be praised; *
there is no end of his greatness.
- One generation shall praise thy works unto another, *
and declare thy power.
- As for me, I will be talking of thy worship, *
thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works;
- So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts; *
and I will also tell of thy greatness.
- The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be showed; *
and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
- The Lord is gracious and merciful; *
long-suffering, and of great goodness.
- The Lord is loving unto every man; *
and his mercy is over all his works.
- All thy works praise thee, O Lord; *
and thy saints give thanks unto thee.
- They show the glory of thy kingdom, *
and talk of thy power;
- That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom, *
might be known unto men.
- Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, *
and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
- The Lord upholdeth all such as fall, *
and lifteth up all those that are down.
- The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord; *
and thou givest them their meat in due season.
- Thou openest thine hand, *
and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
- The Lord is righteous in all his ways, *
and holy in all his works.
- The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him; *
yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
- He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him; *
he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
- The Lord preserveth all them that love him; *
but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
- My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; *
and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|