Psalm 103. Benedic, anima mea.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Twentieth Day - Morning Prayer.
- PRAISE the Lord, O my soul; *
and all that is within me, praise his holy Name.
- Praise the Lord, O my soul, *
and forget not all his benefits:
- Who forgiveth all thy sin, *
and healeth all thine infirmities;
- Who saveth thy life from destruction, *
and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness;
- Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things, *
making thee young and lusty as an eagle.
- The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment *
for all them that are oppressed with wrong.
- He showed his ways unto Moses, *
his works unto the children of Israel.
- The Lord is full of compassion and mercy, *
long-suffering, and of great goodness.
- He will not alway be chiding; *
neither keepeth he his anger for ever.
- He hath not dealt with us after our sins; *
nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
- For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth; *
so great is his mercy also toward them that fear him.
- Look how wide also the east is from the west; *
so far hath he set our sins from us.
- Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children; *
even so is the Lord merciful unto them that fear him.
- For he knoweth whereof we are made; *
he remembereth that we are but dust.
- The days of man are but as grass; *
for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
- For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone; *
and the place thereof shall know it no more.
- But the merciful goodness of the Lord endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him; *
and his righteousness upon children's children;
- Even upon such as keep his covenant, *
and think upon his commandments to do them.
- The Lord hath prepared his seat in heaven, *
and his kingdom ruleth over all.
- O praise the Lord, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength; *
ye that fulfil his commandment, and hearken unto the voice of his word.
- O praise the Lord, all ye his hosts; *
ye servants of his that do his pleasure.
- O speak good of the Lord, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion: *
praise thou the Lord, O my soul.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|