Psalm 96. Cantate Domino.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Ninteenth Day - Morning Prayer.
- O SING unto the Lord a new song; *
sing unto the Lord, all the whole earth.
- Sing unto the Lord, and praise his Name; *
be telling of his salvation from day to day.
- Declare his honour unto the heathen, *
and his wonders unto all peoples.
- For the Lord is great, and cannot worthily be praised; *
he is more to be feared than all gods.
- As for all the gods of the heathen, they are but idols; *
but it is the Lord that made the heavens.
- Glory and worship are before him; *
power and honour are in his sanctuary.
- Ascribe unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the peoples, *
ascribe unto the Lord worship and power.
- Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his Name; *
bring presents, and come into his courts.
- O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; *
let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
- Tell it out among the heathen, that the Lord is King, and that it is he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved; *
and how that he shall judge the peoples righteously.
- Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; *
let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is.
- Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it; *
then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the Lord.
- For he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth; *
and with righteousness to judge the world, and the peoples with his truth.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|