Psalm 77. Voce mea ad Dominum.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Fifteenth Day - Morning Prayer.
- I WILL cry unto God with my voice; *
even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall hearken unto me.
- In the time of my trouble I sought the Lord: *
I stretched forth my hands unto him, and ceased not in the night season; my soul refused comfort.
- When I am in heaviness, I will think upon God; *
when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
- Thou holdest mine eyes waking: *
I am so feeble that I cannot speak.
- I have considered the days of old, *
and the years that are past.
- I call to remembrance my song, *
and in the night I commune with mine own heart, and search out my spirit.
- Will the Lord absent himself for ever? *
and will he be no more intreated?
- Is his mercy clean gone for ever? *
and is his promise come utterly to an end for evermore?
- Hath God forgotten to be gracious? *
and will he shut up his loving-kindness in displeasure?
- And I said, It is mine own infirmity; *
but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most Highest.
- I will remember the works of the Lord, *
and call to mind thy wonders of old time.
- I will think also of all thy works, *
and my talking shall be of thy doings.
- Thy way, O God, is holy: *
who is so great a God as our God?
- Thou art the God that doest wonders, *
and hast declared thy power among the peoples.
- Thou hast mightily delivered thy people, *
even the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
- The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee, and were afraid; *
the depths also were troubled.
- The clouds poured out water, the air thundered, *
and thine arrows went abroad.
- The voice of thy thunder was heard round about: *
the lightnings shone upon the ground; the earth was moved, and shook withal.
- Thy way is in the sea, and thy paths in the great waters, *
and thy footsteps are not known.
- Thou leddest thy people like sheep, *
by the hand of Moses and Aaron.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|