Psalm 72. Deus, judicium.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Fourteenth Day - Morning Prayer.
- GIVE the King thy judgments, O God, *
and thy righteousness unto the King's son.
- Then shall he judge thy people according unto right, *
and defend the poor.
- The mountains also shall bring peace, *
and the little hills righteousness unto the people.
- He shall keep the simple folk by their right, *
defend the children of the poor, and punish the wrong doer.
- They shall fear thee, as long as the sun and moon endureth, *
from one generation to another.
- He shall come down like the rain upon the mown grass, *
even as the drops that water the earth.
- In his time shall the righteous flourish; *
yea, and abundance of peace, so long as the moon endureth.
- His dominion shall be also from the one sea to the other, *
and from the River unto the world's end.
- They that dwell in the wilderness shall kneel before him; *
his enemies shall lick the dust.
- The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall give presents; *
the kings of Arabia and Saba shall bring gifts.
- All kings shall fall down before him; *
all nations shall do him service.
- For he shall deliver the poor when he crieth; *
the needy also, and him that hath no helper.
- He shall be favourable to the simple and needy, *
and shall preserve the souls of the poor.
- He shall deliver their souls from falsehood and wrong; *
and dear shall their blood be in his sight.
- He shall live, and unto him shall be given of the gold of Arabia; *
prayer shall be made ever unto him, and daily shall he be praised.
- There shall be an heap of corn in the earth, high upon the hills ; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: *
and they of the city shall flourish like grass upon the earth.
- His Name shall endure for ever; his Name shall remain under the sun among the posterities, which shall be blessed in him; *
and all the nations shall praise him.
- Blessed be the Lord God, even the God of Israel, *
which only doeth wondrous things;
- And blessed be the Name of his majesty for ever: *
and all the earth shall be filled with his majesty. Amen
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|