Psalm 66. Jubilate Deo.
From the Book of Divine Worship
- The Psalter or Psalms of David - Traditional - Twelfth Day - Evening Prayer.
- O BE joyful in God, all ye lands; *
sing praises unto the honour of his Name; make his praise to be glorious.
- Say unto God, O how wonderful art thou in thy works! *
through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies bow down unto thee.
- For all the world shall worship thee, *
sing of thee, and praise thy Name.
- O come hither, and behold the works of God; *
how wonderful he is in his doing toward the children of men.
- He turned the sea into dry land, *
so that they went through the water on foot; there did we rejoice thereof.
- He ruleth with his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: *
and such as will not believe shall not be able to exalt themselves.
- O praise our God, ye peoples, *
and make the voice of his praise to be heard;
- Who holdeth our soul in life; *
and suffereth not our feet to slip.
- For thou, O God, hast proved us; *
thou also hast tried us, like as silver is tried.
- Thou broughtest us into the snare; *
and laidest trouble upon our loins.
- Thou sufferedst men to ride over our heads; *
we went through fire and water, and thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.
- I will go into thine house with burnt-offerings, and will pay thee my vows, *
which I promised with my lips, and spake with my mouth, when I was in trouble.
- I will offer unto thee fat burnt-sacrifices, with the incense of rams; *
I will offer bullocks and goats.
- O come hither, and hearken, all ye that fear God; *
and I will tell you what he hath done for my soul.
- I called unto him with my mouth, *
and gave him praises with my tongue.
- If I incline unto wickedness with mine heart, *
the Lord will not hear me.
- But God hath heard me; *
and considered the voice of my prayer.
- Praised be God, who hath not cast out my prayer, *
nor turned his mercy from me.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|