Psalm 50. Deus deorum.
- THE Lord, even the Most Mighty God, hath spoken, *
and called the world, from the rising up of the sun unto the going down thereof.
- Out of Sion hath God appeared *
in perfect beauty.
- Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence; *
there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him.
- He shall call the heaven from above, *
and the earth, that he may judge his people.
- Gather my saints together unto me; *
those that have made a covenant with me with sacrifice.
- And the heavens shall declare his righteousness; *
for God is Judge himself.
- Hear, O my people, and I will speak; *
I myself will testify against thee, O Israel; for I am God, even thy God.
- I will not reprove thee because of thy sacrifices; *
as for thy burnt-offerings, they are alway before me.
- I will take no bullock out of thine house, *
nor he-goats out of thy folds.
- For all the beasts of the forest are mine, *
and so are the cattle upon a thousand hills.
- I know all the fowls upon the mountains, *
and the wild beasts of the field are in my sight.
- If I be hungry, I will not tell thee; *
for the whole world is mine, and all that is therein.
- Thinkest thou that I will eat bulls' flesh, *
and drink the blood of goats?
- Offer unto God thanksgiving, *
and pay thy vows unto the Most Highest.
- And call upon me in the time of trouble; *
so will I hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
- But unto the ungodly saith God, *
Why dost thou preach my laws, and takest my covenant in thy mouth;
- Whereas thou hatest to be reformed, *
and hast cast my words behind thee?
- When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst unto him; *
and hast been partaker with the adulterers.
- Thou hast let thy mouth speak wickedness, *
and with thy tongue thou hast set forth deceit.
- Thou sattest and spakest against thy brother; *
yea, and hast slandered thine own mother's son.
- These things hast thou done, and I held my tongue, and thou thoughtest wickedly, that I am even such a one as thyself; *
but I will reprove thee, and set before thee the things that thou hast done.
- O consider this, ye that forget God, *
lest I pluck you away, and there be none to deliver you.
- Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me; *
and to him that ordereth his way aright, will I show the salvation of God.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|