Psalm 47. Omnes gentes, plaudite.
- O CLAP your hands together, all ye peoples: *
O sing unto God with the voice of melody.
- For the Lord is high, and to be feared; *
he is the great King upon all the earth.
- He shall subdue the peoples under us, *
and the nations under our feet.
- He shall choose out an heritage for us, *
even the excellency of Jacob, whom he loved.
- God is gone up with a merry noise, *
and the Lord with the sound of the trump.
- O sing praises, sing praises unto our God; *
O sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
- For God is the King of all the earth: *
sing ye praises with understanding.
- God reigneth over the nations; *
God sitteth upon his holy seat.
- The princes of the peoples are joined unto the people of the God of Abraham; *
for God, which is very high exalted, doth defend the earth, as it were with a shield.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|