Psalm 33. Exultate, justi.
- REJOICE in the Lord, O ye righteous; *
for it becometh well the just to be thankful.
- Praise the Lord with harp; *
sing praises unto him with the lute, and instrument of ten strings.
- Sing unto the Lord a new song; *
sing praises lustily unto him with a good courage.
- For the word of the Lord is true; *
and all his works are faithful.
- He loveth righteousness and judgment; *
the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
- By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; *
and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- He gathereth the waters of the sea together, as it were upon an heap; *
and layeth up the deep, as in a treasure-house.
- Let all the earth fear the Lord: *
stand in awe of him, all ye that dwell in the world.
- For he spake, and it was done; *
he commanded, and it stood fast.
- The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought, *
and maketh the devices of the people to be of none effect, and casteth out the counsels of princes.
- The counsel of the Lord shall endure for ever, *
and the thoughts of his heart from generation to generation.
- Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord Jehovah; *
and blessed are the folk that he hath chosen to him, to be his inheritance.
- The Lord looketh down from heaven, and beholdeth all the children of men; *
from the habitation of his dwelling, he considereth all them that dwell on the earth.
- He fashioneth all the hearts of them, *
and understandeth all their works.
- There is no king that can be saved by the multitude of an host; *
neither is any mighty man delivered by much strength.
- A horse is counted but a vain thing to save a man; *
neither shall he deliver any man by his great strength.
- Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, *
and upon them that put their trust in his mercy;
- To deliver their soul from death, *
and to feed them in the time of dearth.
- Our soul hath patiently tarried for the Lord; *
for he is our help and our shield.
- For our heart shall rejoice in him; *
because we have hoped in his holy Name.
- Let thy merciful kindness, O Lord, be upon us, *
like as we do put our trust in thee.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|