Psalm 30. Exaltabo te, Domine.
- I WILL magnify thee, O Lord; for thou hast set me up, *
and not made my foes to triumph over me.
- O Lord my God, I cried unto thee; *
and thou hast healed me.
- Thou, Lord, hast brought my soul out of hell: *
thou hast kept my life, that I should not go down into the pit.
- Sing praises unto the Lord, O ye saints of his; *
and give thanks unto him, for a remembrance of his holiness.
- For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his pleasure is life; *
heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be removed: *
thou, Lord, of thy goodness, hast made my hill so strong.
- Thou didst turn thy face from me, *
and I was troubled.
- Then cried I unto thee, O Lord; *
and gat me to my Lord right humbly.
- What profit is there in my blood, *
when I go down into the pit?
- Shall the dust give thanks unto thee? *
or shall it declare thy truth?
- Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me; *
Lord, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy; *
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness:
- Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing. *
O my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|