Psalm 29. Afferte Domino.
- ASCRIBE unto the Lord, O ye mighty, *
ascribe unto the Lord worship and strength.
- Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his Name; *
worship the Lord with holy worship.
- The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; *
it is the glorious God that maketh the thunder.
- It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation; *
the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice.
- The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedar-trees; *
yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
- He maketh them also to skip like a calf; *
Lebanon also, and Sirion, like a young unicorn.
- The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire; the voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness; *
yea, the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to bring forth young, and strippeth bare the forests: *
in his temple doth every thing speak of his honour.
- The Lord sitteth above the water-flood, *
and the Lord remaineth a King for ever.
- The Lord shall give strength unto his people; *
the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace.
||An asterisk divides a verse of a Psalm in two portions for responsive reading|